Featuring Chef Rebecca, owner and founder of Whole Health Everyday
A Ten Week Video Series
We recommend you always buy organic, pasture raised, free-range ingredients.
- 1 lb Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups Almond Meal / Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Lard
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
Heat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In two small bowls prepare the coating. In one bowl place the almond flour and in the second bowl the eggs. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the eggs and whisk.
Cut the chicken into 1" cubes or desired shape. Season the chicken with remaining salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the egg then in the flour coating it thoroughly. Place the chicken pieces on the parchment lined baking sheet.
Heat about 1/4 cup lard in a saute pan. Once the lard is very hot add the chicken pieces. Do not move them until they are golden brown on the bottom. Carefully turn the chicken and brown the other side. You will need to do this in a 2-3 batches. If your lard gets too brown and filled with burned bits then wipe out the pan and add fresh lard before your next batch. Place the chicken back on the baking sheet. Bake the browned chicken for 10 minutes to cook the chicken through.
Honey-mustard sauce: simply combines the two ingredients and adjust to your tastes.
Sometimes you need to substitute an item due to an allergy, food sensitivity, preference, or you simply ran out of an item and don't want to go to the store! Here is list to help.
Chicken Breast: Try using chicken thighs or turkey
Almond Flour : Gluten free Paleo bread toasted and made into bread crumbs
Eggs: Mayonnaise (egg based or vegan) mixed with a little water
Lard: Grape seed oil, butter, olive oil, or coconut oil
TommusRhodus is an elite author known for offering high-quality, high-value products backed by timely and personable support. Recognised and awarded by Envato on multiple occasions for producing consistently outstanding products, it's no wonder over 40,000 customers enjoy using TommusRhodus themes.
- 1 lb Grass-fed organic ground beef
- 4 pieces nitrate free bacon
- 1 Tablespoon dijion mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 yams (not too big as you want them to only be the size of a slider when sliced)
- Grape Seed Oil
- salt and pepper
Heat oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the yam slices on the parchment and spray with oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Roast for 10minutes. They should be cooked through and soft but still slightly firm.
Either chop the bacon into small bits or pulse in a food processor. In a large bowl combine the beef, bacon, dijon, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Form the meat into small patties small enough to be the same size as your yam slices. Place all your sliders on a sheet tray lined with parchment.
Heat a grill pan on med-high heat. Cook the sliders about 2minutes on each side.
Assemble the sliders with any toppings you'd like!
Fresh basil leaves
Tomato, Lettuce, Ketchup or Mustard
Pickled Onions (recipe to follow)
Homemade Spicy Ketchup (recipe to follow)
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons each balsamic and red wine vinegar
Sea salt - to taste (about 1/2-1 teaspoon)
Combine ingredients and let sit at least 30minutes.
Homemade Spicy Ketchup:
1 6oz can tomato paste
1/2 cup dates (about 6-10), soaked in 1/2 cup hot water (you will use the water too)
3 Tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced (about 2 Tablespoons)
3 teaspoons pink salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
pinch cloves (about less than 1/8 teaspoon)
- 2 large avocados (or 3 small)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves loose, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
InstructionsIn a large bowl mash the avocado and combine all the ingredients. Season to taste.
- 1 large avocado (or 2 small)
- 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- + 2 Tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
IngredientsDid you know that Pumpkin Seeds have amazing health benefits? These little seeds are rich in fiber and can help you reach your daily fiber goals with ease. They are high in manganese, magnesium, protein and zinc. They also contain a plant compound called Phytosterols which are very high in antioxidants.
InstructionsTry some pumpkin seeds today and help your heart, liver and immune system! On the go? No problem. Pumpkin seeds do not need refrigeration and are very portable!
- 1 bunch Chard
- 1 bunch Green Leaf and/or Arugula
- 1 package Bacon, Cooked
- 1 lb Turkey Breast, Cooked
- Red or Orange Bell Pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Pinch of salt and fresh black pepper
- 1-2 head Endive
- 6oz Goat Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Herbs, chopped (such as parsley, thyme, chives)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
Combine the mayo, mustard, lemon, thyme and salt/pepper to make your spread.
1. In a small bowl whisk the goat cheese, herbs, oil, and lemon zest and half the juice. Add more lemon to taste. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Scoop this mixture into a plastic bag toward the corner of the bag.
2. Cut the end off the endive and peel the leaves off.
3. In a pan over medium heat toast the walnuts just until fragrant. Drizzle the honey on the walnuts.
4. Assemble: squeeze the cheese mix into the top of the endive and top with a few walnut pieces.
Explore other similar and recent posts