1) Include animal protein in your diet, at least 75 grams per day! (Chicken, Fish, Steak, Beef, Eggs, etc.)
2) Make sure to get plenty of good fats in your diet via lard, butter, full fat dairy, nuts and nut butters, coconut oil, coconut butter, avocados and avocado oil, eggs, seeds and olive oil!
3) Aim for 70 grams of carbohydrates per day to stay in a healthy range for maintaining your endurance, weight and mental health... (Sweet Potatoes, Yams, Basmati Rice, Wild Rice, Quinoa, Fruits)
4) Keep sugar intake to less than 25 grams per day, no artificial sweeteners, cut out sodas and start diluting fruit juices. Stick to natural sugars like fruit. (Ex: this summer make fresh lemonade with Stevia instead of regular sugar).
5) WATER! Aim for at least half your body weight in ounces every day! (Ex. 150 pounds = 75 ounces of water per day)
P.S. *If your someone who likes oatmeal here is how we traditionally need to eat it to digest it and have it give us energy and not spike our insulin.
plain organic oats in a bowl, cover it with warm water, squeeze a wedge of lemon in there, add a tbs of whole milk yogurt in there and cover with paper towel and leave over night. Then wake up to warm it in the pan and add a small amount of organic maple syrup. This way it has fermented over night and our body can actually get the nutrients from a grain that it offers. It will feed our bellies good bacteria to digest the grain and it has been soaked over night so the grain can break down toxins it carries and be ever so gentle on the digestion!
Explore other similar and recent posts